Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the iPace Associate in Arts & Sciences Library Resource Guide
Use the tabs above and the boxes on this page to navigate through the Guide. Please submit any comments or questions Using the Ask a Librarian or Getting Help boxes on the right.
Distance Education Services
Learn more about distance education services for faculty and students on this guide, created by our Librarian for Distributed Learning, Medaline Philbert.
Do you have a Library barcode?
A library barcode serves as your Pace Library Card and allows you to request items from other Pace Library locations, to request books from Connect NY, and it is necessary to create an account in our Interlibrary Loan service.
If you do not have a barcode, you can get request your barcode via email. You can also request one at the Circulation/Front Desk in your home campus Library.
Use your barcode to renew items you have borrowed from the Pace Library or to check the status of requested items online: http://innopac.pace.edu/patroninfo
Accessing Books & Articles as an Online Student
- For expediency, check your local library system first, then search the Pace Catalog. NOTE: the Pace Catalog tells you what print books are in the four Pace library locations, and it tells you what e-books you can access from anywhere.
- Pace books (except Law Library) can be requested for one month loan period with two renewals if needed; when requesting you must indicate your course or program. We will mail the book to you. Contact Nadine MacDonald to request a book.
- NOTE: if you're within 50 miles of Pleasantville or New York City campuses or if you have any in-person classes on campus then you're to pick up the book at the campus closest to you. Any Pace book mailed out to you must be insured for $100 upon mailing it back to Pace.
- For all other non-Pace books and books not available in your local library system, search Worldcat and request through your local library Interlibrary Loan system.
- To search for articles, access the Pace Library databases. From off-campus, you will be asked to login with your Pace username and password.
- When articles are not immediately available in full-text, use the "Search for Item" button to determine if we have the article in one of our other databases. If we do, a link will take you to the article. This video demonstrates the "Search for Item" service: http://youtu.be/Ip593N84WWg
- If we do not have an article in one of our databases, you can request it through ILLiad (Interlibrary Loan). You must have a Pace Library Barcode number to register to use ILLiad. (See above.)