Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the University Archives page. We hope you find what you need. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please contact archivist Ellen Sowchek at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Under certain circumstances, the Archives may accept records in imminent danger of loss or destruction for temporary storage pending a decision on ultimate accession or disposal. However, the Archives is not a records storage facility. The Archivist is also available for on-site consultation regarding the disposition of records prior to their transfer to the Archives. Non-current records accessioned by the Archives subsequently determined to be non-archival will be destroyed unless their return is requested by the office of origin.
The Pace University Archives was established in April, 1981, as part of the Pace University Library System. Its function is to appraise, collect, organize, describe, and make available for research use records of historical, legal, fiscal, and administrative value to the University. The Archives is a central repository in which these records are retained and preserved. References and information services are provided to assist in the operation of the University and to promote a knowledge and understanding of the origins, aims, programs and goals of Pace and of the way in which they have developed since 1906.
Following are some of the specialized collections that are located in the archives:
- Records of the Board of Trustees: minutes, memoranda, correspondence and reports
- Records of the Office of the President:correspondence, administrative subject files and reports
- Records of the Office of the Provost: correspondence, administrative subject files and reports
- Records of the Deansof the Various Schools within the University
- Minutes, memoranda and reports of all major academic and administrative committees, including the Faculty Councils and the University Senate
- Accreditation reports and supporting documentaion
- Annual budget and audit reports
- All publications, newsletter, or booklets distributed in the name of the University, including catalogs, special bulletins, yearbooks (The Legend), student newspapers, university newsletters, alumni magazines, and ephemeral materials
- Audiovisual materials documenting the development of the University such as still photographs, negatives, oral history interviews, and audio tapes
The Archives does not collect the following types of records:
- Student records which are kept by the Registrar's office
- Faculty and staff personnel records which are kep by the personnel office
- Financial Records, other than annual budget and audit reports
The Digital Commons is Pace's Institutional Repository. Material included is selected and deposited by individual university departments and centers on campus. You can search by keyword, or browse by author, department or collection type.
Pace University Founders and Family
A collection of archival images of Pace University founders and their family.
Women at Pace
A collection of archival documents related to the history of women at Pace.