1) American Religion Data Archive: http://www.thearda.com/, links to major data sources on religion.
2) Better Business Bureau: http://www.bbb.org/about/pas.html ratings of nonprofits.
3) Eric Mercer: http://www.muridae.com/publicaccess/ provides IRS forms with instructions for nonprofits, including Form 990 and registration forms and samples.
4) Foundation Center: “Search Tutorial” at the Foundation Center foundationcenter.org/findfunders/
5) Guidestar: http://www.guidestar.org/ web database of all IRS-registered charitable nonprofits.
6) IRS: http://www.irs.gov/ and follow link for charities and nonprofits for additional see links to a variety of resources for organizations seeking exempt status as well as code book and downloadable list of registered nonprofits; also IRS Publication 557 www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p557.pdf
7) Maryland Secretary of State: http://www.sos.state.md.us/ see links to other states and to a variety of nonprofit resource listings.
8) National Charities Information Bureau: http://www.give.org/ information for donors.
9) National Taxonomy of Exempt Entities (NTEE) Classification resources: (description) from National Center for Charitable Statistics, Urban Institute, http://nccs.urban.org/classification/NTEE.cfm
10) Quality 990: http://www.qual990.org/ efforts to improve quality of reporting on Form 990.
11) Raffa & Associates: www.iknow.org accounting firm specializing in nonprofits (this does not constitute an endorsement of the firm).
12) Saguaro Seminar: http://www.ksg.harvard.edu/saguaro/ major survey on civic engagement in the U.S. in collaboration with Robert Putnam. For results of Post 9/11-survey on civic engagement, see http://prospect.org/
13) The Johns Hopkins Third Sector Project: http://ccss.jhu.edu/tsi-brussels-meeting_5-2015/ see links to the Center for Civil Society, the Comparative Nonprofit Sector Project, and the Nonprofit Employment bulletins.
14) National Center for Charitable Statistics: http://nccs.urban.org/ information on financial reporting formats for nonprofit organizations.
15) Urban Institute: http://www.urban.org Economic and social policy research.