As a unifying academic and scholastic model, the Pace University Library, comprised of geographically distinct campus-based operations in Lower Manhattan and Westchester County, New York, operates interdependently and administered centrally through the Office of the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs.
The mission of the Pace Library is to sustain a physically and virtually appealing environment that promotes learning and supports effective teaching and scholarship. The Library fosters lifelong intellectual growth, discovery, and self-fulfillment by providing all members of Pace University and the surrounding community with versatile access to needed information resources, research assistance, and guidance in developing skills for locating, evaluating and integrating information to solve challenges and fully participate in the global community as informed citizens.
Vision for the Future:
The Pace Library is truly at the center of the campus crossroads. As the focal point of technology-enhanced learning, it is an energetic information hub where users have access to a myriad of academic support services in a single location. The Library houses scholarly collections while it also provides an online gateway to globally linked knowledge and information sources to users all over the world. Assistance is also provided by cross-departmental teams of employees committed to user-centered service. Other libraries recognize us as an exemplary model of the information commons and study our operations in the hope of mirroring our success in facilitating information literacy, media proficiency, technological fluency and innovative teaching, learning, scholarship, and service.
Values and Guiding Principles:
Our sustainable commitment to effectuate success through customer satisfaction and attained by fulfilling the real expectations of library users.
Making user expectations a priority and engaging users in assessment to improve library services and resources.
Employing the multitude of expertise and talents of our diverse staff to strategically maximize the provision of products and services the users expect.
The commitment to work together diligently and scrupulously in order to "do what it takes" to keep operations running flawlessly.
Upholding the unwavering principles, including reliability accessibility, promptness, and accountability to clienteles, in the performance of our duties.
- Enhance access to our facilities, services, staff, and information resource within and beyond our collections.
- Leverage and forge opportunities that stimulate communication and build connections within our community to continually pursue our mission.
- Develop, adapt and deliver quality resources and services, both technical and interpersonal, that optimize the library experience for all users.
- Anticipate, design and deliver innovative information literacy instruction in an array of formats to meet the curricular, life long learning enrichment needs of our community.
- Implement library activities that inspire staff participation and collaboration so that we may extend our work relationships, boost our energies, and foster our shared commitment to excellence.
- Explore and embrace improvements, which are measurable, cost-effective, and enhance the quality of our work.
- Career Enhancement
- Provide a congenial work environment that encourages the cultivation of new skills and exploration of professional development.
- In a continually evolving environment, actively seeking skilled professionals who can bring positive energy and creativity to the Pace Library.