Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

MA in Higher Education Administration & Student Affairs

Entering the Conversation

Welcome to the MA in Higher Education & Student Affairs Research Guide

As a practitioner in this field, you will be entering into the conversations taking place among professionals, researchers and writers in the field. Where do these conversations take place?

  • In trade publications, magazines and in scholarly journals published in the discipline
  • in newsletters from professional organizations
  • at conferences sponsored by professional organizations
  • on blogs, on Twitter or other social media

Current awareness of issues in higher education is important. A few recommended sources include: 

ILLiad Interlibrary Loan

When you find an article listed in a database, and the article is not immediately available to read, use the Search for Item button to search Pace's periodical holdings. If you get a message that directs you to use the ILLiad Interlibrary Loan service to request a copy of the article, follow the link.

  • Articles (pdf files/photocopies) can take anywhere from 24 hours to a few days to obtain.
  • Books, conference proceedings and other documents are also available for request and can be picked up at your home campus Library.

Managing Sources & APA

APA Style is the Standard for the HEASA program. Learn more: